Sunday, April 27, 2014

Lex Meyer: If I was the Devil

Lex Meyer: If I was the Devil: If I was the Devil, I would change the Bible by removing certain things. A little here... a little there... not so much that people will reject it, but just enough to fall short. Things like calling Jesus the "servant of God" instead of the "Son of God", and I would remove things that refer to the real reason for His coming like Matthew 18:11.



I would make people trust my translation because it would be based on really old manuscripts that were modified thousands of years ago. Slight of hand is the key to pulling off such a big vanishing act, so I would get people to focus on the updated language and ease of use of my version, and tell them that the other version is old and out of date. I would not even tell them that thousands of things have been changed and hundreds removed from my version. I would simply say it is updated with easy to read language.

I know there will be a remnant who will see through my deception, but I would accuse them of being closed minded and old fashioned, leading others to think it is actually a bad thing to keep the true Bible because it is antiquated.

I would also provide a variety of my corrupted translations, so people would have choices, and they would feel like the issue is about language preference and not about the actual content. Also, by providing many corrupt translations, it would make it seem like my source texts are more true because everyone is using it. Everyone wants to do what is popular... everyone wants to walk on the wide road.

I would get seminaries and preachers to push my version of the Bible, which would convince the masses that it is a good version. If the preachers and teachers are using it, then their followers will use it without question. Sheep are so trusting, they believe anything their shepherd tells them. That is why I will also fill the pulpits with my shepherds, men and women who believe the lies I tell them.

And even if the preacher is not one of mine, these corrupted translations will help to prevent the true message from being taught from the pulpit.

With my preachers, I would make sure the message is focused on selfish things like "How to have a better life", or "How to receive more blessings"... I would not want my preachers condemning sin and stirring people to repent. Let them teach about God's love, but not about His justice and righteousness, and certainly not about the "Fear of God".

In my Bibles, I would diminish the Messiah by removing things that refer to his nature. John 6:69 is a good example of this. Instead of saying "thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God", I would have my version say, "you are the Holy One of God", and I would definitely remove the blessing for those who "do his commandments" in Revelation 22:14.

I guess its a good thing I am not the Devil. I sure hope he doesn't get the same idea, because so many people would be led astray by those corrupt Bible translations.

1 comment:


  1. Hey, I’m John. I’m a web developer living in Chase City, Virginia, United States, 23924. I am a fan of technology, writing, and web development. You can read my blog with a click on the button Below.
    Office.com/setup
    Webroot.com/safe
    Norton.com/setup
    Mcafee.com/activate

    ReplyDelete